Hi, I'm Kate!
I graduated from the University of Michigan studying User Experience Design and Research in the School of Information. I’m detail-oriented, adaptable, and focused on maintaining organization and identifying opportunities for process improvements. I always try to find the “why” of each problem at hand.
I’m passionate about psychology, technology, art, organization, and the environment! Outside of work, I like to go to the beach with my dogs, create art, travel, and watch documentaries. Shoot me an email, I’d love to connect!
Take ownership for decisions and actions regardless of the outcome.
Honesty is the best policy in all situations. It builds trust, shows authenticity, and promotes full transparency.
Attitude is everything. Always go into every situation with a positive attitude.
Graduated: May 2020
University of Michigan
Bachelors of Science in Information, User Experience Design and Research
Cumulative GPA: 3.61
Related Coursework: Programs, Information, and People, Introduction to Statistics and Data Analytics, Data-Oriented Programming, Data Manipulation, Putting the H in HCI: Human Perception, Cognition, and Mental Processes, Needs Assessment and Usability Evaluation, Interaction Design, Graphic Design
December 2020- Present
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Administrator- Newport Beach, CA
• Developed operational system for the clinic prioritizing risk management while optimizing for efficiency.
• Managed the onboarding and operations of volunteers ensuring adequate understanding of CDC practices.
• Oversaw execution allowing us to exceed initial projected vaccination capability by 567%.
September 2019- May 2020
University of Michigan-
Center for Entrepreneurship
UX Designer/Researcher/Project Manager- Ann Arbor, MI
• Developed and updated schedule to prioritize tasks and ensure that key milestones were being met at every phase.
• Gathered and prioritized technical and user requirements, ensuring the website supported the client’s overall strategy and goals.
• Designed a new website through UX testing and iterations, resulting in an average of 55% usability improvement.
May 2019- August 2019
Project/Program/Portfolio Manager Intern- San Diego, CA
• Managed projects that improved the administration and security of company computers and phones through communications, meetings, and tracking the project’s progress.
• Performed analytics to increase the efficiency of the department, using Service Now and Excel, and compiled reports of summaries and visualizations.
• Developed numerous informational documents and resources for employees including reference pages, websites, and an IT employee handbook.
November 2011- August 2018
Tutor- Orange, CA, Ann Arbor, MI
• Worked with students aged 12 to 20 to improve math skills from pre-algebra through pre-calculus and statistics.
• Created weekly lesson plans specific to each students’ learning needs.
• Communicated with parents after each tutoring session to update them on their student’s progress, understanding their goals, and inform them of lesson plans.
December 2014- August 2016
Petals On Wheels
Assistant- Huntington Beach, CA
• Assisted in the production of all floral decorations for weddings and special events
• Performed new tasks and adapted to criticism accordingly.
• Resolved unexpected issues that arose both during the preparation and event set up in a timely and effective manner.
UX/UI Design, Wireframing, Prototyping, User Research, Usability Testing, Graphic Design, Data Analysis, Effective Communication, Problem Solving, Adaptability, Prioritization
Computer: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Service Now, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Figma, SQL